Welcome to the home of the DC Area FIB SEM User Group! Our goal is to provide our local (and not so local) FIB SEM users a place to share information and discover collaborative opportunities. We hope you find the website useful and please let us know if you have any suggestions and feedbacks.
Regional FIB Inventory
Events & News
|List of FIB and FIB SEM instruments, accessories, availability, and contact information in the 'greater' DC area.
To access the full list, click here. You can also jump to the list of instruments at a specific institution by clicking on one of the links below.
If your instrument is not on the list and you would like to have it included, please contact us.
FIB SEM Users Mailing List
Join our new FIB SEM Users mailing list and stay connected with the FIB community!
May 17th & 18th, 2016
Highlights for this meeting are:
University of Maryland
College Park, MD
- The theme of EM Workshop: Recent Advances in Electron and Ion Microscopy (EM Workshop Day, May 17). The EM Workshop covers a broad spectrum of newest development in electron microscopy and focus ion beam and related technology
- Plenary talks on nanoscience and nanotechnology (NanoDay, May 18)
- Platform presentations and poster session.
- Demos (including live demos both with lecture and also in the laboratory)
- Vendor exhibits (10~12 major companies)
- Free registration and meals
Additional information and registration can be found at http://www.nanocenter.umd.edu
Friday, February 19th, 2016
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory
Another successful FIB SEM meeting! The 2016 FIB SEM Workshop was held at the Kossiakoff Center at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Laboratory (APL). We had a full day of presentations and posters by FIB users and vendors highlighting interesting new FIB applications and the latest technology. And, as always, there were plenty of opportunities for informal discussion of new techniques and applications as well as getting (re)connected with the fellow FIBers.
We will be collecting the slides and posters from the presenters over the next few weeks and updating the website as the materials become available, so please check back frequently.
For more information about the FIB SEM meetings, please contact the organizers or check out our Meetings page for previous years' programs.